Mowing GuideMay 21st, 2015
On a nice spring or summer day, it is nearly impossible to drive through your neighborhood without spotting a homeowner mowing and trimming their lawn. That is because homeowner’s take pride in the appearance of their lawn and if that means giving up a sunny Saturday afternoon to keep up on it, they will do it.
Mowing your lawn may seem rather simple but you might be surprised to learn about the ways that you are doing it wrong.
Let’s take a look at some of the best tips to ensure that you are doing the mowing properly.
- Keep the lawn at least 3” tall at all times
- Never take off more that 1/3 of the grass blade’s length at any one time
- Cutting the lawn too short can result in weed infestation and thin patches
- Keep the blades sharp as dull blades can lead to shredding
- Change the mowing pattern at every mow, otherwise your lawn will be trained to grow in one direction.
If you would like more information on lawn mowing services, please call 1-800-533-6330.