How to Deal With Aphids Around The HomeMay 7th, 2015
What are aphids?
- Sap-sucking insects
- Soft-bodied insects
- Known as “plant lice”
- Pear-shaped insects
- Less than 1/8” in size
- Feed in large groups
- Light green in color, most commonly
- Reproduce quickly
- Have two short tubes that protrude for the hind ends of their body
What kind of damages do aphids cause?
How do I know if I have Aphids?
- Curled, or yellow leaves
- Aphids hiding under the curled-side of a leaf
- Leaves that are covered in a sticky substance (honeydew)
- Branches and leaves that appear black in color.
- Distorted flowers or fruit
How to get rid of aphids?
The best way to get rid of aphids is with insecticide, or with a trained professional’s help.
Please call Senske Services @ 1-800-533-6330 if you would like to learn more about treatments for aphids, or if you would like a free estimate.